Currently working at St Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Bangalore (Arts and Science) in the Post Graduate Department of Mass Communication.
* Specialisation in Film and Television Studies, University of Warwick, (Oct. 2012-Sept. 2013)
* Academic Visitor (Research), University of Oxford, (Oct. 2013 – Dec. 2013): Research on Cinema, Studies in Social Research Methods, and Workshops and conference http://www.ox.ac.uk/
05 Aug. 2010. For Creative Communication you have:
Dept of Journalism Established in 1992
Three year B.A. course with three optionals; mass communication is one of them, but a special one.
Tvesha – bilingual multicolour monthly journal by MCMS students
Saptahik – bilingual multicolour weekly journal by MCMS students
Mediator – English daily newspaper by MCMS year students
Campus Eye – bilingual TV News bulletin on local TV channel V4News by MCMS students
Dhwani – bilingual multicolour journal by final year students
Ripples – English magazine (formerly quarterly news bulletin) by second years
Al-News – daily newspaper headlines bulletin by first years
Al-Week – weekly campus updates by first years
Al-TV – daily Campus television news service by the second & final years
Richard Rego SJ
* B.A. (Kannada Major); B.Ph. (Sacred Heart College Chennai); B.Th. (Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune); PGDCA (St Joseph’s College, Bangalore);
* M.S. Communication, specialising in Feature Writing & Magazine Production (Bangalore University)
* Research in Kannada Cinema – Girish Kasaravalli (University of Pune)
* Major Research Project – from UGC (2006)
* Major Research Project from the Govt of Karnataka (Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Academy) on “Cultures of Various Konkani Communities Spread Over Karnataka” 2007. Completed successfully and submitted to the Academy. A book has been published by the Academy in Konkani and a 4.25 Hours long documentary DVD also released – documenting the cultural life of 33 various Konkani communities across Karnataka. This is the unique experiment anywhere in Karnataka.
* Communication Needs of Local Communities – a study of Mangalore communities for community broadcasting – Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, New Delhi (2008)
* Science for Women’s Health and Nutrition – Dept of Science & Techonolgoy, New Delhi (In collaboration with CEMCA, New Delhi; Dec. 2011)
* CSCS fellowship on Puttanna Kanagal Films from Centre for the Study of Culture and Society
* One Month Film Appreciation Course (FTII & NFAI, Pune)
* Electronic Cinematography under Prof. A.S. Kanal, FTII
* Photography, Media Centre, Bangalore.
* Regular writer for Konkani periodicals, occasionally to Kannada and English dailies; daijiworld.com & mangalorean.com
* Editor of media sites, SAC
* Organiser of media events
* Media Consultant for various colleges, institutions in Mangalore.
Ms Laxmi Shenoy (M.S. Communication, MIC)
* P.R. expert
* Event Management
* Member of Board of Studies, University of Mangalore (Journalism)
* Member, Board of Examination, University of Mangalore, University of Manipal, University of Sikkim-Manipal, University of Bangalore
* Chairman, Board of Studies & Board of Examinations, St Aloysius College (Autonomous)
Mr Vishal Nayak.
* M.S. Communication from M.I.C.
* Corporate Communicator for six years
* Formerly visiting faculty, MCMS, St Aloysius College
* Now (since 2010) full time regular faculty.
* In charge – TV Studio
* TV, video projects
* News Log
* editor – Tvesha
* Annual National Level Seminar 2010.
Ms Drishya N.
* M.S. Communication, M.I.C.
* Specialised in Broadcast Media (Community Radio)
* in charge – Film Circle
* in charge – weekly news bulletin
* in charge – radio bulletins
Celine Vas – specialised in Printi media
– greener pastures.
Ms Manorama, MCJ
Ms. Suman Priya Mendonca (resigned, 2007)
* B.A. in Journalism, Political Science, English optional
* MCJ from Mangalore University
* Neenasam – annual camper
* Handles Public Relations, history of media, news reporting
* Media advisor in the College
* President of Al-Madhyam, media forum of the College
* Editor, Ripples.
* Writer in English
* Conflict Zones – one of the four documentary filmmakers on Mangalore riots.
* Adept at videography
Ms Sowparnika Sudhir (Research Assistant & lecturer; resigned, 2008)